Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Time for a change

After a fair amount of hemming and hawing,I have decided to change my business name and go with something that feels more right. 

 Unfortunately for me, Google, Artfire, and Etsy won't let you change your user name with them once you have registered. This is pain because it means I have to close everything and reopen it under a new name.  

Between email accounts, stores, blog, various buyer accounts, my trade name with the state, and several things I'm sure I'm forgetting at the moment, this is going to be a lot of work. BUT! It's the right direction for me and where I'm trying to get to.

In order to make a clean break and a fresh start I have already started shutting things down. This blog will vanish at some point and J.D. Lynn Designs will be no more. This doesn't mean I am no longer going to be in the crafting business or working on farm stuff, I have no plans on stopping either one…I'll just be doing it under a different name and with a slightly different focus--one that encompasses everything I want to do and removes a lot of compartmentalization. 

I'm thinking that my new blog will not be an extension of my business, so much as it will be my blog and I'll talk about my business there among other things.  It seems a better balance.  Also, if I do that then if the business goes through another change I don't have to do this again.

When I get the new blog created, I'll paste in all my blog posts from here and re-follow all the wonderful blogs I'm following here.

See you soon!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment